FACE-TO-FACE EDUCATION CONTINUES AFTER A WEEKLONG BREAKFace-to-face education began on Monday after a weeklong break. Minister of National Education Özer said, "Now, we will continue with the same determination by following all health requirements."
Face-to-face education began on Monday after a weeklong break. Minister of National Education Özer said on the occasion of the beginning of the education that, "On September 6 2021, we had opened face-to-face education for five days a week in all levels and we went on a break as we planned after 2,5 months. Students and teachers had the opportunity to rest during this short break. Our teachers continued distance professional improvement training programs in a digital environment during this period. Now, we will continue with the same determination by following all health requirements. I would like to use this opportunity to wish for a healthy and successful new term for all of our students."
Only 66 classrooms were closed on Monday
Minister Özer noted that the majority of classrooms which were closed due to positive covid-19 cases completed their suspension period during the break adding that, "As of November 22, only 66 classrooms are closed due to pandemic. Others will continue face-to-face education."
Vaccination rate of teachers is 93 percent
Stressing that there is a gradual increase in the vaccination rate of teachers, Özer stated: "On August 6, the rate of teachers who got two doses of vaccination was 60 percents. As of today, this rate reached 88 percent. On the other hand, the rate of teachers who are immune to viruses is around 5 percent. So, the rate of teachers who are either immune or got two doses of vaccination is 93 percent. When we consider the large number of teachers in the education system, this rate is equal to 1 million and 116 teachers. Our biggest advantage in keeping face-to-face education open is the high vaccination rate among teachers."