SECOND PHASE OF FACE TO FACE EDUCATION BEGINS, MILLIONS OF STUDENTS GO BACK TO SCHOOL"Minister of National Education Ziya Selçuk attended the ceremony held at the Tüney Şehit Mehmet Demir Primary School in the Central Anatolian city of Çankırı on the occasion of the start of the second phase of face to face education."
Minister of National Education Ziya Selçuk pointed to the forest fires in various different parts of the country and especially in the southern border province of Hatay and wished speedy recovery. Stating that the Ministry called teachers to donate tree saplings which will be planted at the school gardens as part of their symbolic campaign entitled, "a breath to the future", Minister Selçuk said that he was happy to see that teachers all over the country responded to this call.
Selçuk pointed out that preparations for the second phase of face to face education began on September 21 adding that, "You all know that pre-school and first grade students began face to face education and today we have opened second, third, fourth, eighth and twelfth grades as well as all grades in special education and village schools. We are here in a village school in Çankırı on the occasion of start of the second phase of face to face education. Today, we are here with our students and teachers and we will try to find the answers to the questions on what we can do more about today."
"We are happy to open all village schools"
Noting that the Ministry has been carrying out intensive studies about village schools since last year, Minister Selçuk said, "Our studies are about the development of village schools. Within the framework of these studies, we will start new projects. You all know that we have taken regulatory measures in order to keep all village schools open regardless of number of students enrolled in the school. We are happy to open all village schools. Provincial health boards, provincial and regional national education boards are working in an effort to respond requirements needed to keep these schools open."
Minister Selçuk stressed that the Ministry is considering every single need of students and said, "Tablets are among these needs. Main source of education of students are EBA television channels. EBA channels include all lessons and classes our students need. Students can easily access these channels."
"Distribution of tablets will begin this week"
Noting that the Ministry has announced the criteria about tablet distribution, Selçuk stated, "Distribution of tablets via school administrations in line with these criteria will begin this week. The Ministry also established approximately 13 thousand EBA support centers. Each EBA support centers has 8 to 10 computers where children can use for education. Students can come and get support from the nearest EBA Support Center. There are also teachers at these centers."
Minister Selçuk emphasized that the Ministry has established approximately 13 thousand EBA Support Centers within a month for students who have limited opportunities.
"We will take steps by considering the course of the epidemic"
Concerning the start of face to face education for second, third, fourth, eighth and twelfth grade students Minister Selçuk said, "We will continue to manage this process by taking all kinds of health rules and in line with measures suggested by the Science Board of the Ministry of Health. We will take necessary steps by considering the course of the epidemic. Today, I am very happy to see that all students are obeying social distancing rules and disinfectant and mask requirements. I also had the opportunity to chat with the students. I am also very happy to open the second phase of face to face education for all grades in village schools."
Noting that the Ministry has taken all kinds of measures in order to turn this phase into a quality education process for students, Minister Selçuk stated, "We are following the developments in the world and different needs of different regions in the country while taking these measures."
Following the ceremony at the Tüney Şehit Mehmet Demir Primary School, Minister Ziya Selçuk visited Çankırı TOBB Science High School and Çankırı Şehit Erdem Öztürk Vocational and Technical Anatolia High School. Minister Selçuk attended open air classes with high school students.
Minister Selçuk came together with teachers working in Çankırı as part of "Education Meeting with Teacher Ziya."